How robo-advice is changing the wealth management landscape?
Meetup hosted by Puilaetco Dewaay Private Bankers in Brussels on September 22nd at 6PM.
This meetup discusses the rise and impact of automated financial services in the form of chat bots, robo- and virtual advisors. Are robo-advisors really making investing effortless?
“Robo-advisors” are a new class of financial adviser providing financial advice or portfolio management with minimal human intervention. Typically these online services offer algorithm-based portfolio management recommendations via digital channels and are fueled by new techniques to build and manage portfolios of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and other financial instruments to investors.
The recent advances in cognitive computing allows “chat bots” to show complex reasoning and interaction with humans and is expected to further transform the investing landscape in disruptive ways.
The rise of robo-advisors and chat bots is also challenging wealth managers to ask themselves what they are doing to ensure continued authenticity, relevance, and engagement with a younger, technologically savvier, more digitally inclined audience.
Our meetup panel will cover questions such as:
- Is robo-advice an answer to the heightened regulatory scrutiny designed to ensure that the financial interests of advisors are not conflicting with those of their clients?
- Should wealth managers really focus on lower pricing and greater transparency?
- Should financial service providers “buy or build” their own robo advisor platforms? Will the needed technology and solutions be developed in-house, through a partnership, or via the acquisition of an existing provider?
- How quickly will customers and financial advisors get acclimated to working with machines that can enhance and extend human performance?
- Should robo-advice be positioned as a stand-alone offering, as part of a full-service financial advisory package, or as a hybrid of the previous two?
- Do wealth management platforms have the analytics and market segmentation in place to identify the most likely robo-advice-ready customers and to obtain the information and insights needed to work effectively with them?
- How is robo-advice best rolled out from a marketing perspective?
- How do robo-advisors avoid mis-selling by algorithmic “flaws”?
Agenda of the event:
18h00: Opening doors
18h30: Speed-dating & Networking
19h00: Welcome & keynote by Puilaetco Dewaay Private Bankers
19h15: Keynotes from our experts:
- Xavier De Pauw, CEO of MeDirect Bank
- Ken Van Eesbeek, Sales Director at Gambit
- Yves Enkels, Partner at Principia Nova
- Jeroen Kerkhof, Academic Director of the Master in Quantitative Finance at Solvay Business School and Director at VAR Strategies
20h00: Panel debate animated by Toon Vanagt (Managing Partner at Data.be) and Q&A with audience
20h30: Reception & drinks kindly offered by Puilaetco Dewaay Private BankersBOOK YOUR TICKET NOW
Meet the speakers and panelists:
Xavier De Pauw is the co-founder and CEO of MeDirect Bank, an innovative digital bank and online wealth management platform. Prior to creating MeDirect, Xavier De Pauw co-founded Mediterranean Bank, the parent group of MeDirect Bank. As the President of the FinTech Belgium asbl Xavier De Pauw wants to contribute to the FinTech ecosystem in Belgium. He holds a Master in Investment Management and a Master in Economics & Finance.
Ken Van Eesbeek started his career as a consultant in bank regulation. In 2011, he joined Gambit as Sales Director. Today he is responsible for the Belgian, Dutch and Swiss markets. He is also responsible for providing investment advices solution and Birdee. He holds a Master of Banking & Finance, a Master in Applied Economics and is FRM certified (Financial Risk Management).
Yves Enkels is a Managing Director with Principia Nova, leading their Strategy and Transformation practice for Financial Services. Yves started his management consulting career at McKinsey and continues to serve financial services firms in London, Zurich, and Belgium. He holds a MBA from the University of Chicago’s Booth school of Business, and Commercial Engineering and MIS degrees from Leuven University.
Jeroen Kerkhof is the Academic director of the Advanced Master in Quantitative Finance at Solvay Brussels School and the founder and director of VAR Strategies, a financial consultancy and analytics firm. Before coming to Belgium he ran quant teams at Jefferies, Danske Bank and Morgan Stanley Europe. He obtained a PhD in Financial Econometrics from Tilburg University.
Matthieu Remy is the founder and CEO of Easyvest, a Belgian robo-advisor that offers simple and highly performant investment solutions to retail investors. Prior to launching Easyvest in 2012, Matthieu was a Manager at Bain & Company. He holds a MBA from Harvard Business School and a Master in Electro-mechanical Engineering from UCL.
Toon Vanagt is a serial entrepreneur and co-founder of Data.be, which aims to disrupt the business information industry and allows to easily find and share company data. Toon splits his time between growing his internet ventures and coaching on innovation, while being a FinTech evangelist as a board member of FinTech Belgium. Toon has been co-hosting and animating our FinTech events since their start in April 2015.
Meetup hosted by Puilaetco Dewaay Private Bankers on September 22nd at 6PM.
Address: 44 Avenue Herrmann-Debroux -laan, 1160 Brussels