Are you dreaming of fully organising events for a dynamic non-profit association supporting start-ups involved in the digitalisation of finance? From finding venues and hosts, liaising with speakers, organising all the logistics, to making sure tickets get sold together with our communication manager? Fintech Belgium has got the job you need!
As the Junior Events Manager, you will be fully in charge of the organisation of evening meetup conferences for 50-130 people in Belgium, trainings, workshops, and help on the Annual Summit, a 1-day-convention gathering between 800-1000 people and 60 speakers and taking place in Brussels.
You will report directly to the General Manager, who will also support you in terms of content (programme and speakers). The goal is for the event manager to be independent in the organisation of successful events in a small NGO.
DUTIES will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Create and roll-out a retro-planning
- Manage budget
- Find venues and liaise with hosts
- Organise, negotiate, and make sure catering is up to standards
- Ensure venue fulfils all technical requirements and logistical needs
- Find, negotiate and follow-up with suppliers
- Search for and liaise with speakers (registrations, ppts, schedule, …)
- Ensure success of ticket sales with FTBE’s communication manager
- Customer service for attendees
- Onsite management (team, suppliers, attendees, speakers, host and crisis management)
- Create and roll out participants satisfaction surveys
We are looking for a multi-tasking, stress-resistant, dynamic and resourceful person, a team player who likes responsibilities as well as learning, who can work independently as well, organised/structured with good people skills, with a techie-side. Bachelor/Master in PR, advertising, event management, tourism. Knowledge of the FinTech / Financial industry / Startup environment is a plus.
- Highly organised and structured with an analytical eye
- Entrepreneurial spirit / independent
- Creative problem solver / Solution focus
- Must have a great positive attitude and a desire to learn
- Tech/computer-savvy (Microsoft suite, Trello, Slack, …)
- Fluent in English, good knowledge of either Dutch or French is required
INTERESTED? APPLY in English ONLY HERE