MAY 6th, 2020
The Digital Finance Outreach 2020, an initiative of the European Commission, is a series of events organised in different countries on fintech and digital innovation in the financial sector to prepare the new EU Digital Finance Strategy.
The Belgian event will take place on May 5 (online) from 9:00 until 12:00 and will focus on the following topics:
- A digital single market for financial services
- Promoting a more data-driven financial sector
- Enabling an EU framework for markets in crypto assets
- Ensure a technology-neutral and innovation-friendly regulatory framework
- 09:00 – 09:30: Opening by the European Commission: why do we organise the Digital Finance Outreach?
- 09:30 – 10:00: A digital single market for financial services byJean-Louis Van Houwe, President of FinTech Belgium & CEO Monizze
- 10:00 – 10:30: Promoting a more data-driven financial sector by Tine Holvoet, Open Banking Specialist @ BNP Paribas Fortis, Reinout Temmerman, Payments Advisor @ National Bank of Belgium & Jean de Crane, CEO @ Isabel Group
- 10:30 – 11:00: Enabling an EU framework for markets in crypto assets by Bart Garré, Legal Counsel (strategy/ innovation) @ Euroclear & Marc Toledo, CEO @ Bit4You
- 11:00 – 11:30: Ensure a technology-neutral and innovation-friendly regulatory framework by Christiane Muyldermans, Counsel EU Public Policy & Regulatory Affairs @ KBC, Frederic Romont, Senior Advisor Banking Supervision @ NBB & Toon Vanagt, Director @ FinTech Belgium and CEO @ Data.be
- 11:30 – 12:00: Closing by Saar Carre, Senior Counsel Payments & Daily Banking @ Febelfin
We are pleased to have as MC: Toon Vanagt
By joining this event you will get inspired by leading, international top speakers from banks, technology firms, fintechs and regulators.