The first and biggest community of Fintechers in Belgium
FinTech Belgium is the first and biggest community of Fintechers in Belgium.
We are a community for financial professionals, startup entrepreneurs and investors, who are interested in discovering and discussing disruptive business models and new technology for the financial services industry.
Fintech Belgium is a federation for and by its members.
- To be a platform for dialogue with regulators and other parties. We have already represented our members at several round table discussions. A member assembly is organised every year to discuss with FinTechers and hear what they have to say.
- To actively and tangibly promote the FinTech sector in Belgium and Belgian FinTechs abroad. We give the opportunity to our members to present their products and services during our events. Through collaborations, we exchange with other countries FinTech associations and events.
- To share the experience, knowledge and information within and outside the community. We aim to organise a yearly summit on FinTech and an evening-conference every two months in which networking is highly important and appreciated. The interest for our social medias and discussion groups is growing every day.
Who is FinTech Belgium ?
- The FinTech Belgium community was created at the beginning of 2015.
- Its founding members are FinTech actors and people involved in the FinTech development in Belgium.
- FinTech Belgium aims to welcome as members and/or partners: every company directly or indirectly involved in the financial services industry (banking, insurance, asset management, payment, consulting, big data, technology interfaces, etc…) and that uses or develops operational, technological or commercial innovative models with a view to improve the functioning of the industry or to address its existing or emerging issues.
- FinTech Belgium is a place of exchange which enables it to federate its members and represent them outside the community.
- FinTech Belgium is a lively community, led by a Board currently composed of :
- Patricia Boydens, Business Development Consultant at MeDirect,
- Xavier Corman, CEO of Edebex,
- Isabelle de Laminne, freelance journalist, blogger (MoneyStore.be),
- Xavier De Pauw, CEO of MeDirect,
- Catherine Houssa, Attorney/Partner Simont Braun,
- Eric Rodriguez, Managing Partner at Data.be,
- Toon Vanagt, Managing Partner at Data.be,
- Jean-Louis Van Houwe, CEO of Monizze.
Its missions into details
The main missions of FinTech Belgium are:
- To actively and tangibly promote the FinTech sector in Belgium and Belgian FinTechs abroad.
- To represent the sector in communications with the public authorities, media, investors, traditional players in the financial sector, research and academic centres, …
- To participate in a platform for dialogue with regulators in order to take into account the FinTech specificities in the regulatory environment and to improve the appreciation by the regulators of the benefits brought to the consumers by FinTech.
- To share the experience, knowledge and information within but also outside the community, in order to make FinTech attractive and accessible to anyone interested.
- To maintain relationships with other associations of the digital sector in Belgium and abroad.
- To organise conference-debates, meetings, brainstorming sessions and panels on different topics related to the development of FinTech in Belgium.
FinTech Belgium Charter
The FinTech Belgium community has established a charter describing its objectives as well as the values that each member should adhere to. Adherence by the members to this Charter ensures the cohesion of the community and its credibility with third parties.
We are a neutral and independent non-profit organisation and want to keep it that way. Our founding members work as volunteers, graciously investing a lot of time for the community. We only have 1 (part-time) employee at the moment who takes care of the daily management and organisation of the events.
Our main revenues come from our different very generous partners who support our community in a financial way or by hosting an event and providing catering for our guests. Our members and friends also support us with a small fee.
We are really grateful and want to thank every single one of them…
If you too would like to support our community and be part of this great adventure, don’t hesitate to JOIN US